Discord has reached its’ fourth birthday and its growth shows no sign of slowing. It’s commonly been referred to as the ‘gamers slack’ because of the similarities to the business-based communication app. Discord has taken over the parallel world of streamers and YouTube.
Discord is where gamers can hang out, make friends, share memes, chat and play together.
- Streamers can connect with their community outside of streaming
- Followers of the streamer can connect directly with each other
- People can see when a streamer goes live instantly using the @everyone and @here commands
- Movie nights and game nights are a easy for communities of people to engage with
- Streamer exclusive emotes and branding are uploaded to personalise the experience
Discord is a great place to help streamers, influencers and friends connect, game and meet new people. As a result, it helps influencers grow their communities.
If you are an influencer or streamer, Discord is the place to be. Learn to use the tools to your advantage.
Dart Frog Gaming – Join The Rebellion
Written By Jessica Clarke – Associate Writer at Dart Frog Gaming